What You Should Know About Comments on AmesNewsOnline.com
The Ames News Online is happy to provide a forum for reader interaction, discussion, feedback and reaction to our stories. However, we reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.
Here are the rules. Please do your best in complying:
· Keep your comments civil. Don’t insult one another or the subjects of our articles. Responding to the offending comment will only encourage bad behavior.
· Don’t use profanities, vulgarities or hate speech.
· Do not attack other users; focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
· Do not reveal deeply personal information or confidential information about someone other than yourself
· Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the article at hand.
· Do not copy and paste outside material into the comment box.
· Don’t repeat the same comment over and over. We understand the first time.
· Do not use the commenting system for advertising. That’s spam and it isn’t allowed.
· Don’t use all capital letters. That’s akin to yelling.
If you have any concerns or comments, you may notify us via email at email@example.com . Note the headline on which the comment is made. Remember, comment moderation is subjective. You may find some material objectionable that we won’t and vice versa.