Shelley Goecke, Marketing & Public Relations Director
(Dec. 6, 2010) McFarland Clinic patients can now access portions of their medical records online.
The program, called MyChart, offers personalized and secure on-line access to portions of medical records. It enables patients to securely use the Internet to help manage and receive information about their health.
With MyChart, patients can:
· Request medical appointments
· View their health summary
· View test results
· Request prescription renewals
· Communicate electronically and securely with their doctor’s office
How to sign up?
Patients who wish to participate will be issued a MyChart activation code during their clinic visit. This code will enable you to login and create your own user ID and password. If you were not issued an activation code, you may call your primary care clinic to get one or ask to sign up during your next office visit. An additional sign-up form is available at www.mcfarlandclinic.com. Go to the MyChart login box and then click “Set Up Account Access.”
Can I view a family member's health record in MyChart?
Yes you can. This is called Proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log into their personal MyChart account, and then connect to information regarding their family member. A Proxy Access Form must be completed and submitted, this can be found at www.mcfarlandclinic.com. Go to the MyChart login box and then click “Set Up Account Access.”
Is MyChart secure?
Yes, the information stored in MyChart is secure on two different levels:
1. Access to information is controlled through secure access codes, personal ID's, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account can only be accessed with that password. Keeping your password private is the most effective way to keep your health information private.
2. MyChart uses the latest encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyChart. When viewing your information on MyChart, or when communicating with a care provider via MyChart, the information sent across the Internet is encrypted so no one else would be able to intercept and read that information.
Connect with the Clinic
In addition to MyChart patients have a variety of online tools available at www.mcfarlandclinic.com website. These include:
- Pay your bill online
- Stay connected with the clinic
- Subscribe to McFarland e-newsletter
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and You Tube
Log on to www.mcfarlandclinic.com for more information.